Monday, March 4, 2013

An UnBelizeable Trip

Shawn's Dad called me on a Friday night from Belize where they were celebrating their anniversary. He negotiated a good price for keeping the house for a week longer and offered to fly Graysen and I out on Monday for a week. WHAT!!! I had just gotten back from the Grammy's and we were leaving for Disney in two weeks. I went through my work in my brain. I had thankfully stayed at the office very late the previous two nights in an effort to catch up so I could spend a few days on finishing selections for the new house. I worked through the weekend and on Monday morning we were off.

She is the coolest.
You take a big plane to Belize City and then a puddle jumper to Ambergris Caye.
 The boat picked us up there and 5 minutes later we were at our own private island with 7 villas total. G wasted no time getting in the water and playing with the toys Mimi bought her.

That is Graysen and I in front of our house. The water goes up to your knees for so far out.

They set your table up in different spots around the island. Every meal had such awesome views.

Just a girl and her dog watching the sunset.

The first night a mariachi came by and sang to our table. Graysen was supposed to be asleep but I let her get up and dance.

They really will do anything there, They set a bed up outside with this screen and a DVD player. Not a bad way to fall asleep.

  We started playing early the next morning.

 And Mommy had coffee with a view.
 There is a boat that goes with the island and Graysen constantly asked to go on it. Of course that is one of my favorite things too. We had the same guy everyday and he was awesome. He found these starfish for us.



She loved visiting the other places and throwing the sand.


Sunscreen dance! 

 Our villa for the week.
 We saw dolphins in the water a few days.
 SHE loves her salsa.


 The weather was very yucky a few days but that didn't stop us from playing.

These guys were so sweet. They were a walky talky away and really made the trip so much easier for me by being ready with things for Graysen. 
 Peace!
 I LOVE bathing suit butts.








 All smiles on our last day.

Big kisses for Daddy. I had never been away from Shawn for more than 4 days in our 15 years together and I have never been so happy to see his cute face when the customs doors opened.
It was such an amazing week of mommy-Graysen time. I will always remember the time during this cute stage of her life.