Sunday, January 4, 2015

Annual East Bernard Washer Festival

I love East Bernard. I loved it before we did Extreme Makeover and I loved it even more after. Kyle asks us to sponsor the washer festival every year. He is on the committee and they raise money for the Snowdrop Foundation, which is a great group,  so it is always an easy yes...and every year we load up and head down there. The last two years have been really fun because we have stopped and shown Graysen the Kubena family house. One day she will watch the show and I hope she gets the same feeling we get when we see it.
 How do you not love small town Texas?


 A place where you can dance in the street like no one is watching.

 And listen to Texas country stars like Adam Hood who is a favorite of mine.
 We jokingly call Uncle Kyle the mayor. He is getting set to run his first political race and I have already offered to help with the campaign.
 The annual plaque.
 We generally always run into some of the family and we were especially lucky to see both Kubena parents this year. 
 She loves her Uncle Kyle.

 We got to visit with Adam Hood and take a picture before leaving. I have been a fan for 7 years so it was pretty exciting for me.