Monday, August 1, 2011

Graysen Takes a Road Trip

Graysen went on what will be the first of many trips. I started working on getting her passport today, but I am still a little scared of flying with her, so we wanted to try a road trip first. Our friends Jonathan and Rachael were taking their four boys to the Hyatt Hill Country and San Antonio and they invited us along. I have always wanted to go there and it wasn't to far away so we said yes. I didn't make a decision for the entire 5 days. I didn't pick the place, the time we were leaving, what time to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or where to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I didn't have to call either couple to let them know times. It was a rare break from EVERYTHING for me. I only had to do two works things the entire time. I really needed it. I didn't realize how much until we were coming home. Getting there was a little stressful for me. It was my first time to pack for 3 and I was very proud of myself for getting us all ready in 30 minutes. It was so much more stuff than I even thought. We borrowed Big Poppa's SUV and it was completely full. I can't imagine adding more kids. We took two of their boys and Rachael's brother with us and I ended up in a car with Shawn, 3 boys, and Graysen. I was very nervous about the drive. I literally watched the minutes go by on the clock. The worry was unnecessary. She did great and slept the whole way.

The first of many packed cars..
The highlight of Shawn's parenting journey so far occured on the trip. He got to take Graysen to Buc-ees for the first time. We even dressed her up in her Buc-ees outfit for the occasion.
We spent lots of time at the pool. We brought her travel cradle and stroller down with us and it worked out great. She went swimming every day and even tubed the lazy river with Daddy. I can tell from her face that she will love lazy rivers as much as her Mommy. These are a few of my favorites from the many pictures we took.






We ran into one of our oldest friends that we hadn't seen in awhile on our adults night out. We had a great time and I enjoyed catching up and we were really happy when she came to see Graysen and hang out the next day. We miss her.


The men drank masculine drinks and did masculine things like....golf. My husband never plays so I was highly amused watching him.


Rachael's sister came to help watch the kids which was great at night. After dinner we went to the hotel bar and the guys played games while we talked and listened to music. We picked one night to go to the Riverwalk and had dinner and spent lots of time looking for an elusive martini bar.
There was an adults only pool at the spa and we spent time there one fun afternoon.
When I got home and uploaded my pictures I found a few surprises from Shawn. These were a couple of my favorites from his afternoon photo session.

She loves spending time on Shawn's lap while he is on the computer. We had lots of room relaxing time and I got to read while he held her.
We had a great time and really liked the hotel. I can't wait to go back when she is a little older and can enjoy some of the many children's activities they have.