Sunday, February 12, 2012

Could it be? Is she really sleeping through the night?

Is it possible, that after 8 1/2 long months, our baby girl is ACTUALLY sleeping through the night? We have had almost two weeks of 7:00 p.m to anytime in the morning after 5:30. I think we have entered a new phase. I learned things along the way.

When you stop nursing she will sleep through the night ----MYTH
If you have a consistent night time routine she will sleep through the night ----MYTH
When she starts on cereal she will sleep through the night ----MYTH
When she eats regular food she will sleep through the night ----MYTH


I googled and asked anyone I could what would work. I tweeked her eating schedule. We tried crying it out. We would be excited thinking something worked after one night, only to discover the next night Miss G was doing her own thing again.

What worked? I will try and give credit to consistency, but I am pretty sure she just decided she was done with the torture.